Webinar Length: 1 Hour
ISO 45001 is a performance-based occupational health and safety management standard published on March 2018; it replaces the commonly used OHSAS 18001 standard. Under the ISO 45001 standard, management is required to develop, lead, and promote culture in an organization that supports the OH&S management system, while encouraging workers to actively participate.
In this ISO 45001 series webinar, Rick Gehrke, Environmental Safety & Health Consultant, will discuss how organizational context, commitment, leadership, and worker participation are key in establishing and implementing an effective OH&S management system and safety culture.
- The importance of understanding your organization’s context
- The need to identify interested parties and their needs and expectations
- Areas to consider when documenting your organization’s scope
- Leadership and management responsibilities that fall under ISO 45001
- Occupational health and safety policy purpose and requirements
- Involving your workforce in developing, operating, and improving your OH&S management system
Rick GehrkeEnvironmental Safety & Health Consultant - Alchemy
Rick has 25 years of experience in environmental, health, and safety with work in diverse industries, including food production, automotive and aerospace manufacturing, government and defense, electric power generation, chemicals, and more. He is a veteran EHS consultant, auditor, and trainer. Prior to Alchemy, Rick worked for Intertek as Green Services Associate Program Manager.
Rick is a certified management systems Lead Auditor with experience in ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001, ISO 50001, LEED green building certification, business development, and certification program management. Rick earned his Associate of Applied Science in Intelligence Collection from the Community College of the Air Force and his Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in Environmental Science from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.